Friday, September 28, 2012

Waiting Patiently: Homemade Vanilla Extract

When my friend the Frugal Gardener told me that she was making homemade vanilla extract, I was intrigued! I've never made it before, but always wanted to. When she told me that it only had 2 ingredients, vanilla beans and vodka, I was sold. Surprisingly enough, I had both ingredients at home!
Split the beans in half and stick them into vodka.  Whoa easy! Now, the hard part. Waiting the 8 weeks for this to turn into vanilla extract.
Check out Frugal Gardener to find out how to make your own DIY vanilla extract.  I was telling her that when this is ready, I might not end up using this for baking rather, I'm going to add some sugar and milk for a nice "White Russian" type of cocktail.  hehehehehe. Come on, sounds good, right?

2 comments:

  1. sounds awesome! I'm going to make some coffee bourbon soon...excited about that!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad