Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Casting My Ballot

Today, I had to go to Brooklyn to put some sugar water out for the beehives. As I was walking to the hive location, I saw that CNN was interviewing pollers as they were coming out of this polling site.
I stopped in at a local coffee shop for a cup of java and saw this great flyer hanging on the wall. I loved this.
When I was done with the hives, I headed back to the subway, and saw this huge banner hanging from a restaurant's awning. Brooklyn loves this guy!
I headed back to my neighborhood and went to vote in my district.
The line wasn't long but, I was a little disappointed about the process. I have to wonder what kind of training the volunteers get at these voting places. The woman who helped me told me to stand in the wrong line. Ugh. She also never looked at my Photo ID which I thought was weird. I asked the volunteer how to put my ballot through the scanner and he said, "just insert it". Up or down I said, and he barked, "just put the paper in".  I don't appreciate how rude that volunteer was. I put my ballot through the scanner, but wasn't too sure if it should be up or down, so I hope my paper scanned. Seriously, the voting process should not be this difficult. I can see how some voters can be intimated and how voting scams can potentially happen. Just frustrating!
This is the button I wore when I voted in 2008. I lost this button when I moved a few times since '08. I wish I still had this button. 
If you haven't voted yet, go out and do your civic duty and vote! Whoever it is you are for, get your voice out there!

3 comments:

  1. I love the mail in ballots we get in WA state, we don't have to put up with rudeness at the polling places. You shouldn't have to put up with it either. Now I'm sitting here, holding my breath, wishing all these projections would turn blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got out there and voted.
    Thanks for sharing the journey in photos... It was quite informative. Loved all the photos.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad