Monday, June 16, 2014

Homemade Ginger Ale

Ever since we've been getting seltzer delivered every month from the Brooklyn Seltzer Boys, I've been absolutely obsessed with coming up with different kinds of homemade syrups to make sodas with. I looked up a recipe for Ginger syrup to make homemade ginger ale. I followed this recipe except instead of 2 cups of sugar, I only used 1 cup of sugar. I don't like sodas too sweet and this was just about right for my taste when I cut the sugar in half. This recipe is really easy, and what I loved about it was that the prep time is really minimal. It's just mainly cutting up some ginger, and you don't even have to peel the ginger! How easy is that?
Add the cut ginger to a non-reactive pot, then add sugar and water and boil. Once it's boiling, lower to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes to reduce it down to a syrup. Then turn off the heat and let it cool. That's it. Easy peasy!
I used a funnel to pour the syrup into a bottle, add some seltzer and voila!
I poured in a half an inch of syrup, then topped it off with cold seltzer! YUM. So refreshingly good! This is a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to make my own ginger ale but never have.. you inspire me to do it!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad