Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Where I've Been

I've been pretty quiet on the blogging front. I have been so busy. I just returned from a trip to San Francisco. I saw some pretty amazing plants out there. I completely fell in love with the giant sedum plants that I saw everywhere! This one I saw on our visit to Alcatraz Island.
A photo posted by Mimi (@meemsnyc) on

These sedum plants were in front of our hotel. So pretty!

Also on Alcatraz Island, there were these giant peace lily plants. The bloom was the size of my head!
A photo posted by Mimi (@meemsnyc) on
On the Alcatraz tour, they said that the inmates used to garden the land to pass the time. You can tell how well they landscaped it. Here is another photo of the peace lilies.

In the gift shop at Alcatraz, they even sold seeds from wildflowers from around the gardens on Alcatraz Island. I wanted to buy the bag of seeds, but they were a little pricey at $15 a bag. Plus, I no longer have a garden to grow in so I didn't buy it.

A photo posted by Mimi (@meemsnyc) on


I loved the leaves on this plant. This is a tropical plant, looked like a type of elephant ear to me. I'm not sure what the name is. The leaves were enormous!
Here is a close up of the leaves. It was easily 2 feet tall. And had a very waxy shiny texture to the leaf. I loved it!
Everywhere we went in San Francisco, there were these amazing views! Look at this view from Coit Tower! Just phenomenal!
I ended up taking a piece of San Francisco greenery with me. Here is a cutting of a sedum plant. I placed it in a coffee cup and it flew back with me. I planted this in a pot of soil, I hope it grows roots soon!
A photo posted by Mimi (@meemsnyc) on

2 comments:

  1. That tropical plant is a philodendron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love tropical plants! I wish we could grow them around here.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad