Since this is our first year gardening, we've spent a lot of money on start up costs, such as fencing, gardening tools, tiller, seeds, plants, etc. So we are trying to conserve money where ever possible. Instead of buying a trellis from the store, we decided to make our own by using branches we pruned from our trees in the backyard. We took 3 branches and wrapped galvanized wired around the top. They are working out great, the pole beans have begun climbing up around the branch. So awesome!
Here, is a close up photo of the green bean plant. See how the vine is reaching out to the branch. Neat!