Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What else can I make with Sourdough Starter?

When Aimee over at Red Garden Clogs gave me sourdough starter, she was quick to warn me of one thing... The jars of starter multiply like crazy if you don't use them to make breads.  Boy was she not kidding.  At one point I had 4 containers of sourdough starter in my fridge, and I didn't want to throw out any of it.   I've been obsessed with finding ways to use it.  Until one day, I was getting ice out of my freezer when I saw a box of store bought frozen waffles, upon which a "ding" rang off in my head.  I can use the sourdough starter to make a ton of waffles that I can just freeze or keep in the fridge for quick breakfasts.  Awesome!  I found a way to use up some sourdough starter!!  These are so great, especially when I am in the rush to go to a client meeting or too lazy to cook breakfast.  So this weekend, I made a large batch of Belgian waffles using the waffle maker that I got for Christmas. This is my new go to breakfast!  Do you use sourdough?  What do you like to make with it?

4 comments:

  1. Good thinking!

    Sorry can't help you out on the sourdough. I don't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make pizza crust and steamed buns! Waffles tomorrow, great idea! peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make more bread and freeze it, or exchange it for something, or maybe use the starter to stick up some wallpaper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my mother in law loves sourdough starters though around here we call it Amish Friendship Bread starter. Therefore number 1 thing to make is Amish Friendship Bread! But I like to make bundt cakes, apple cake or bread, muffins and more! Here is a link to a website devoted completely to recipes that use a sourdough starter http://www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com/
    Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad