Saturday, September 22, 2012

Back to the Roots: Round 2

Earlier this month, I grew some amazing oyster mushrooms from the Back to the Roots mushroom kit.  I harvested some beauties.  On the box, it says that you can grow more than one harvest from the box.  You can re-soak the entire block, and grow mushrooms from the backside of the kit.  Heck yeah, I'll try this again! I soaked the block overnight and forgot about it for a few days. Then yesterday... look what I saw beginning to grow!
Not one, but 3 sets of mushrooms are growing from the block! Woot! Woot!
Here is a view from above! I really can't wait until these get big enough to eat.  Oooooh, I (heart) mushrooms.  This kit is the best thing I've ever tried growing.  Fun, fun, and fun!

3 comments:

  1. They remind me of something from a coral reef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are crazy looking, and also remind me of something from a coral reef. I wonder if I can find a spot to try growing some mushrooms.

    I just remembered your bees. I hope they fare OK in the storm, too.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad