Saturday, September 15, 2012

Block Sale: Awesome Vintage Finds

On my way to the farmer's market today, I saw that the block was closed for a block sale!  Sa-weet! I love me a good block sale. Of course, I had to take a looksie.
Most of the booths had stuff I didn't need, or have room for, but I saw something on one table that made me stop in my tracks.  I saw this pair of old glass door knobs. I just love these old knobs, I ask the couple who ran the booth how much they were.  I thought they were going to say $25 bucks, since that's how much I've seen them for before.
The old lady holds up 4 fingers and the man says, $4. F O U R bucks?  Wow! "I'll take it", I said, without even blinking!
Just as I was about to leave the booth, this beauty caught my eye.  An old food scale. I have been wanting a food scale for some time now.  Not necessarily a vintage one, but this one looked amazing!  And I tested it out, and it still works like a charm.  She said it was $35, and I immediately said "sold".  I wasn't looking for these items today, but I'm so excited to have found them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been spending too much time on FB, and not making to the blogs I like to read. Plus, I had to eliminate my blogroll for awhile, and am now in the process of putting safe blogs back in.

    I love your finds! I'm about to go make some soup. I want to come back and see how your bees are doing. I did scroll down and see your mushroom posts. I am not organized to do all of the things you do. I am hoping to retire this spring, and have more time for growing food. I want to make salad dressings and more foods from scratch. I will have to find a part time job, maybe be a substitute para.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them. You need to let us know what you do with those door knobs. I have several and I need to find something to use them for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Vintage finds. Love your goodies. I would have gotten the doorknob too. Those are so cool. I would have passed on the scale because I have one but you did get a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that food scale. it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad