Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pretending it's Spring

All week it's been frigid. The temperatures has dipped down to the teens, and it's brutal. I went across town to my favorite store, Trader Joe's. Oh, how I love this place.
I ended up bringing home with me two bunches of daffodils. I couldn't resist the price, each bunch of 10 stems were $1.49. I have to wonder how these farms make any profit with prices so low, but I suppose they do when a chain like Trader Joe's is buying large quantities for resale.
One day later, it looks like spring in my living room. One by one the daffodils are bursting open. Such a needed spot of "sunshine" and bright happy color. Makes me think and dream of spring. Soon. Very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Daffodils and tulips always mean Spring to me. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking that I need some daffodils too. Love the container they are in.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad