I decided to dig up most of the potato plants because they were looking pretty sad. I try to be very careful not to puncture the potatoes with the hand trowel. Amateur that I am, I pierced through some spuds the last time I dug up some plants.
I had envisioned that we would get 5-6 potatoes per plant, but that is not to be. If we were lucky, we got 4 potatoes on a plant. However, most, we only got 2. I think our soil needs better nutrients next year.
So here's our harvest. I don't have a scale to weigh this, but I'm guessing it's a good 1.5 pounds of potatoes. Most were medium to small potatoes, but we did get 2 large ones. I can't wait to make mashed potatoes with these Yukon golds!