Yesterday, I took this photo. I was so excited because the Glenora grapes were finally turning purple in color. I was totally anticipating eating these. They weren't quite ripe yet so I patiently waited.
Then today, my husband said, "we have no grapes left". What? What? My only guess is that it was a squirrel since these vines are 4 feet off the ground. Not a single red grape left. Whatever it was ate every last red grape off this vine. Notice how it left the green ones untouched? Ugh! And I didn't even get to taste one. So. Very. Annoyed.
At least we have Cayuga green grapes left on one of the other vines. As of today, none of these were eaten.
In an effort to prevent squirrels from eating these, we put bird netting over this grapevine and stapled it to the 4x4 posts. Do you grow grapes? Have you ever had this problem with critters eating them before you do?