Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where Have I Been?

I haven't been posting anything all week.  It's because I went away to Mystic, Connecticut to visit family and then I had family come visit us.  So it's been a whirlwind fun and busy week.  Mystic is such a beautiful seaside town, with a harbor full of sailboats.  I could totally live here!
We were walking around town and the drawbridge was going up to let boats through.
I love this old anchor in the middle of town!  It's beautiful!
You can't go to the New England area and not get Clam Chowder.  Yum.
There were a lot of great flower garden beds all throughout town.  I just love the colors.
We also had time to go to Mystic Aquarium where we saw this. A Lion Fish!  Pretty cool.
When we returned, it was July 4th.  My brother's family was visiting us and my nephew helped me pick these veggies.
And a whole bowl of wild blackberries.  What a treat!  Hope you all had a great 4th of July week!

8 comments:

  1. You were missed! It looks like you had a nice time in CT and over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ironic! I used to live there when I was a kid and my parents were there last weekend! Pretty photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful; if I could live somewhere else, New England area would be a top choice!

    I was wondering where you were ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Those clams are huge! Love your variety of harvests :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got to do some traveling. Living that close to the ocean, it's good to go see it from time to time. It sounds like you had a good Fourth. We had family over, and had a good time, too. I was in the house with kids most of the evening, which was fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wild blackberries-now that's a fine homecoming! Hope they tasted delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! Looks like a fun time. I went to Mystic years ago and would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad