Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Most Amazing Herb Plant Ever!

Back in December, I bought 4 plants from the farmer's market. Three of the plants that I bought were herbs, a Dill, a Rosemary, and a Pineapple Sage plant. I also bought a Thai Pepper plant. Well....all 4 plants died except for this one! Normally, herbs and I don't get along at all!  I seem to always kill herbs, I can't grow them at all.  Especially Dill, Rosemary, Chives and Parsley.  I have an awful time growing these.  But check out this Pineapple Sage plant.  It's been growing really well on my kitchen counter for 7 months!  Even though I trim down the little branches, the plant continues to grow new shoots. And for that, I am calling this plant the most amazing herb plant ever! 

5 comments:

  1. Pineapple Sage has the most amazing aroma. I looked everywhere for it this spring, but was unable to locate any.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Congrats!
    Even though I don't have very good luck growing herbs in pots, I'm trying some basil in one this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's doing so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for pineapple sage!
    Perhaps your bad luck with the other herbs have less to do with you (or them) than with their living quarters? Dill and parsley have long taproots (as does coriander), and will only do well in deep pots that can accommodate their roots. Rosemary like free-draining soil, and abhors having wet feet -i.e. it must be left to dry out in between each watering. And chives is usually rather easy-going, but really prefers being outdoors.
    Also, all herbs require a lot of sunlight, so if you are growing them indoors, in the winter, you should place them near a good source of light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi - plant this in the ground outside! It will overwinter there and should come back next year for you! My pineapple sage is about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide! Sooooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad