It's a neat idea isn't it? Kinda reminds me of that movie Field of Dreams. "Grow it and they will come." Our little part can help save the bees!
Here are the rules:
To Participate in PROJECT: Save the Bees:
If you'd like to participate in your own bee friendly flower giveaway, post an announcement on your blog about the project and what you are giving away and/or your rules. Commit to the following:
1) Purchase a seed packet of bee friendly flowers and figure out how many people you'd like to share with
2) Announce the project on your blog/website and offer the seeds to others (starting Sunday, Feb 6th)
3) Link your post back to this post on Tasty Travels
4) Mail your seeds to your people
5) Update your original post with a list of places you mailed your seeds
I decided to offer the following seeds Foxglove and Hollyhocks to anyone living in the United States.
Foxgloves because I saw it last spring at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and I fell in love with how gorgeous and tall these flowers bloom. (see photo below) They were easily 4 feet tall! I also noticed a lot of bees attracted to the gorgeous blooms. I don't have a photo of Hollyhocks but you can see what they look like here. All you need to do is send me an email with your mailing information by using the form here. There should be a lot of seeds, so I'll give these out until I run out.
I hope you'll participate! Every little bit helps!