Friday, March 25, 2011

I didn't think yogurt could be this good!

It's crazy to think that last Friday, NYC was in the 70s. This Friday it's 41F, and yesterday it snowed. What the heck! Last Friday, we went to the Farmer's Market, and it was so warm and fantastic.  What a difference a week makes!  I love going to the Farmer's Market to support the local farmers, we are so fortunate that the farmer's market brings in locally grown or produced food from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Upstate NY, Long Island, and the 5 boroughs!  One of the most amazing foods that we found was this yogurt made from Hammond Dairy, of Amenia, New York.  This was by far, the BEST yogurt I have ever eaten.  And you know how they got us to buy a big quart of yogurt, 2 words, "free sample".  Hook, line and sinker!  Hahaha.  After the nice guy behind the table asked, "Do you want to try our yogurt?" I was sold.  I wanted to try Peach, because that's my favorite fruit.  Oh my goodness, delicious!  The yogurt is so smooth, and fresh, and on the bottom of the container, were chopped peaches and syrup.  And you know what's the best part?  I know what all the ingredients are listed on the container.  (Grade A Pasturized Non-Homogenized Whole Milk, Peaches, Organic Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Lemon Juice, Non-Fat Dry Milk, and Yogurt Cultures.)  All natural ingredients baby!  No weird preservatives or artificial sweetners in this product.  But most of all, I love to support locally raised and locally made!  This dairy farm is 110 miles north of us, and is near where the hubs grew up in the Hudson Valley region.  On their website, they say, "We have a herd of 200 Holstein cows (those beautiful black and white cows), and treat them like family. Each cow has her own name, her own place on the farm, and is treated in the best of conditions. Our cows are fed all natural grass, and range contently on our beautiful green pastures." Ethically raised cows, fed with grass, and they all have names?  Now that's something I love to support!  Here's their website, http://hammonddairy.com check them out!  And if you are in Upstate NY, you must buy the yogurt.  It is just Ah-Mazing!

4 comments:

  1. yum, that looks great. We have an Amish family that also sells yogurt at our farmer's market. They actually jar theirs I think. I'll have to try it. I don't think I've had freshly made yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've done it! That sounded so delish that I brought home a gallon of organic milk this morning and I'm going to make yogurt today. I don't have any fruit, but I do have some homemade blackberry jam that I could stir in. Thanks for the idea. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would just love this. She has gotten into Greek yogurt this year and replaces sour cream with it all the time now.

    We have the same weird weather here in Michigan. Lovely last week and an ice storm and snow this week. But I have got to believe this is winter's last hurrah. Heck...the robins are back.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad