Thursday, March 10, 2011

Seed Table is Out

I started to sow some seeds this week, so out came the seed table.  The table we use to sow seeds on is a foldable table that we use for parties and barbeques.  I put a plastic tablecloth over the table, I learned that trick from last year.  Last year, I didn't use a tablecloth and I made a mess out of the table with soil and water going all over the place. So far, I only sowed Utah Celery, American Flag Leeks, Hardy Hibiscus, Mesquite Onion, Buttercrunch Lettuce and Early Pearl Cauliflower.  Pretty soon, this entire table will be filled with seedlings.  I can't wait!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

12 comments:

  1. I have not sowed much yet either. In a few days there will be lots on the go again though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use a folding table for my seed starting too. Those hibiscus seeds take a long time to germinate.....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pretty big table! Green peas is my first thing to go to the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Smart idea with the plastic table cloth! Good luck with your seed sowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so ready to start our garden. Most of our garden seeds are direct planted into the ground.

    Will have to start some tomatoes and a couple of other things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only sowed tomatoes, green peppers, parsley and basil. I need to get some flowers started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just this morning I was commenting to hubby about "how in the world I will find a spot to start seeds?" We have a smaller folding table that I think will fit. It will have to be in a North facing window. Do you think that will be ok?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats on getting that underway, can't wait to see them germinate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome! I wish I had a seed table next to a sunny window! :D I am also sowing american flag leeks and hardy hibiscus. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are off to a good start. It sounds like you have quite the harvest in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I thought you wrote "ButterSCOTCH" lettuce and I thought, oh a new variety. :) Good luck with these seeds. I predict a bountiful garden for you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always plant my lettuce seeds directly into the ground. I love eating the thinnings.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad