Friday, January 6, 2012

Grandparent's birthday

Since it's winter, there's not a lot of gardening going on, but there sure is a lot of eating happening!  During the holidays, we had a lot to celebrate. Not just Christmas, but both my grandma and grandpa were celebrating a birthday. My parents wanted to celebrate with a traditional Chinese dinner!
Here are some of the dishes on the lazy Susan.  Lobster, crispy chicken, chicken and eggplant, sweet and sour porkchops, steak and gai lan greens.  Oohhhh, good stuff!
Crispy chicken with fried prawn chips.  My absolute favorite!
It's a very special birthday celebration, I love my grandparents dearly and it was great to spend time with them on this special occasion.  My grandfather is 99 and my grandmother is 86.  Next year, we are planning a really special 100 year birthday celebration for Gong Gong, (Cantonese for grandpa, or your mother's dad).  I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy them while they are with us! I am happy for you all to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to them both! The food looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come you don't weigh 300 lbs?

    Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your Grandpa and Grandma. That was a sumptous birthday feast. I too want to know how come you do not weigh 300 pounds?????

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad