Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Sowing Madness has Begun!

I looked at my calendar and realized I was behind on sowing seeds indoors. How did time get away from me? So in the last few days, I have been in a sowing frenzy. All year, I save any kind of food grade plastic container, because I like to recycle items to use for the garden and because I am too cheap to actually buy plastic pots.  I like to use those small pudding snack containers, they work great for sowing seeds.  I planted 52 little "pots".
If I'm lucky, I will have a good germination rate.  Many of the seeds that I am using I bought last year or the previous year.  I'm hoping they all germinate.  As well, I am trying some seeds acquired through seed swaps and also from myself saving seeds from the heirloom tomatoes I grew last year.  Every year, I try something new that I haven't grown before from seed.  This year's new stuff include Ancho peppers and bok choy, seeds given to me by Greenish Thumb, German Chamomile, seeds given to me by Annie's Granny, lemongrass seeds, (seeds I purchased from Urban Farmer) and Sweet pickling peppers, (seeds purchased from Sustainable Seed Co.) Trying out new stuff is always so much fun. I can't wait until the seeds start sprouting!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! before long you will have lots of little ones to get in the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are sowing now! Can't wait to see all those plants develop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a busy start. I grew sweet lipstick pepper one year, chose it for the name, did not do well for me. I am sure yours will do better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both! It's so exciting when new seedling sprout up :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad