Thursday, September 29, 2011

Love Gardening Clearance Sales

This time of year is a great time to take advantage of great clearance sales for gardening supplies.  I was in Target with my sister and wasn't expecting to buy anything, but who can pass up gardening gloves on clearance!  They were 40% off! 
We have a lot of mosquitos and tall weeds growing in the yard, so these long leather gloves will come in handy.  These are perfect to protect my arms from the attacking mosquitos.  They are ferocious, the bugs and the gloves.
Speaking of mosquitos, I picked up quite a few cans of bug spray.  LOL.  Whenever I look at the photo below I crack up.  I don't like to use the strong chemical stuff, but the organic type really doesn't work on these mutant mosquitos that we have in the yard.   I literally can't walk outside to the yard without being swarmed by mosquitos.  If I don't douse myself in bug repellent, I'll look like I have chicken pox from all the bug bites.  I've written about the mosquito problem before in past blog articles.  We have a lot of mosquitos because behind our house is a large area of swampy marshland.  Since these were also on clearance, I stocked up for next year.  Haha.

4 comments:

  1. About those mosquitoes: you should get mosquito dunks or Bt Israelensis pellets for you rain barrels. It'll help alleviate your skeeter problem, and you will use a lot less Off. Better for you and the environment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dahlia, It's not my rainbarrels that are causing mosquitos. All of my rainbarrels have mesh screens. It's the giant marshland behind my property that harbors mosquitos. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to find a bargain. The gloves look wonderful and the spray should do the trick, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad