Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting the Beds Ready

I am really behind on the garden chores. Really, really behind.  I should have more things planted outdoors by now.  But I don't. At this time, I've only planted pumpkins, carrots, leeks, beets and radishes.  I've got to get the rest of the seeds in the ground.  The other day, when it was bright and sunny, I took the opportunity to spend the entire day outdoors and clean up all the beds in the vegetable garden.  This means raking up all the leaves that have littered the garden and pulling all the weeds that have taken over.  Then the hubs tilled composted manure and our own homemade compost into all the beds.
As my husband tilled the soil, I raked the soil back into place.  My husband took this photo, and it wasn't until I looked at it, did I realize how incredibly geeky I look, with my garden tool belt, my rain boots, and my gardening gloves.  My friend pointed out that she thought it was funny that I was wearing a faux fur jacket while gardening.  Hey, what can I say, you can garden and still be stylish.  Hahaha just kidding.  I love this outfit though, it is typical to what I wear when I'm in the garden, LOL. It's no wonder the neighbors think I'm weird.
On this day, I sowed pole beans, planted cucumber seedlings and broccoli seedlings. I've got to work double time and in order to get everything I want planted.  Not to mention, I haven't even sowed any flower seeds yet!  So behind indeed!

12 comments:

  1. Wear what you wish! The plants don't care.
    I'm behind too. Hopefully, Saturday I'll make some serious headway in the planting department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meems! I still have to get my beds ready for planting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so darned cute! I think you should get an award for best dressed gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a garden fashionista! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try to get the garden going this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all have these little gardening "getups" that just work. Gotta say, though, that the faux fur jacket does kick it up a notch! Classy gardening!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's called "Garden Geek-Chic"! I think you look cute as a button amongst all those freshly prepped beds, garden on girlfriend! Plus, I have a feeling all us gardeners have neighbors that think we are a bit "off", until they get veggies LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that you look great...love the boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so behind too! I blame it on the weather....

    You look so fashionable! At least your muck boots are cute! Mine are black and covered in, well, manure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look cute!

    I'm a wreck when I'm in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with granny, at least you don't have bedhead like I do most mornings in the garden...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Can't catch up!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad