Saturday, May 14, 2011

Woot Woot for Peaches

When our peach tree was in bloom last month, I was so happy. It definitely has the prettiest pink blooms. However, the happiness I felt paled in comparison to when I saw these babies. Hell yeah, we have lots and lots of baby peaches developing. Color me excited!
Last year, we lost every single one of our developing peaches to a wind storm. This year I am praying that some of the fruit actual ripen. It would be pure torture to watch these babies grow only to have to lose them all. I'll have to beg the fruit gods to let me taste a least one of these peaches.  Just one.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope they make it this time....Stupid plum curculio bugs are causing me some problrms again, but not even close to the damage done last year..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be great to go out in your own yard and get Peaches?!! We will keep our fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to taste a whole lot more than ONE peach :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Peaches are hard to grow in our areas - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. crossing my fingers for you - I can't believe you lost it all from a windstorm. Think about all the things that have to go right in order to just enjoy a peach. geez!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad