Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Last Jar

The other night, I opened up the last jar of dilly beans that I made last year.  Oh my yum, they were perfectly pickled.  I'm so sad that I have none left.  I can't wait until the pole beans are producing like crazy again so I can start canning.  I really would like to can as much of summer as possible this time around!  It really makes me realize that I have to expand my vegetable garden. 25 feet by 20 feet just isn't enough space.  It really isn't.  My entire lot is 50 ft by 300 ft.  Now what if I converted the entire thing into an edible landscape?  Hmmm, what will the neighbor's think then?

7 comments:

  1. Well, if you were my neighbor I'd think "What a smart girl!" I've seen some very pretty edible landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I have a couple of dilly green bean jars left. I am however, really low on salsa. NOOOOO!!! Note to self, more salsa this year. Believe me, I've considered tearing up my small back yard and putting in a garden. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had pickled dilly green beans before. It sounds like I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy. I hope you get a bumper crop this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meems, I love the idea of having an edible landscape! I can just picture it... fruit trees, fruit bushes... grape vines... and more places for veggies!

    Here's a short clip that the Garden Girl did on edible landscapes: http://www.5min.com/Video/Lawns-to-Edible-Landscapes-8010573

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it! Why grow grass when you can grow food?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Elaine. Why grow grass that you have to cut. It's 300' deep? We only have 150' deep. Oh man would I be growing up a storm with that space! You are so fortunate! Make good use of it.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad