Sunday, May 1, 2011

White Amaryllis

After the Christmas Holidays, White Flower Farm had an amazing sale on Amaryllis bulbs. They were more than 50% off.  I took that opportunity to buy 4 bulbs.  If your on a budget like myself, and love high quality Amaryllis bulbs, but don't want to spend a fortune, I highly recommend buying these on sale from them because the quality just can't be beat.  I've been potting the bulbs up around 3 weeks apart, so that I can get consecutive blooms.  This one is called Nymph, it has beautiful double petaled creamy white flowers with a hint of pink.  I'm wondering if this variety is a hybrid, because I didn't notice an obvious stigma or stamen.  I didn't see any so I couldn't try to pollinate the flower to produce seeds.  Also, unlike the Samba,  it didn't grow any leaves or grow a tall flowering stalk.  The stalk is very short and stubby.  As you can see, it's only grew a stalk about 7 inches tall.  There is another bud shooting up so hopefully that one will grow taller.  Does anyone know, are these hybrids?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry - don't know much about those flowers, but they're stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember you posting that you bought those! Wow! Pretty!! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering how your bulbs would turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I don't know.

    Beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad