Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Can Barely Contain My Excitement!

Back in January, I received an email from Logee's about a sale they were having.  Upon the amazing tropical plants that they sell, one of them was on sale, that I have been drooling over for awhile.  It was their "Petite Negra" fig, a dwarf fig tree that is perfect for containers.  I ordered one for an April delivery in the spring.  Today, I got this in the mail!
I can't even explain how happy I was to rip this box open to see what the tree looked like.  I was half expecting a lifeless live plant, I always get worried about buying live plants that are mailed.  Logee's did a fantastic job with packing the plant, it was so nicely packed with care!
After unwrapping the paper, I pulled out the plant.  Behold, look at this beauty!  So healthy and cute!  This plant is in a 4 inch pot.  It was so perfect, I almost thought it was fake!
I have the perfect pot that I re-potted it in.  Remember this one that I got for a steal? Don't you think it's adorable?  It's going to take a few days for the leaves to uncurl, but I am already in love!  What recent buys are you excited about?

10 comments:

  1. It looks great! How neat to have a fig tree, I can't wait to see how it does for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous looking plant and it looks great in the pot you have! Good luck with it and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good looking mail order plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice leafy plant that they mailed! I'm surprised too! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe something that healthy looking arrived in the mail! Lucky you - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Fantastic!!!! It is so darn cute! Fig trees truly are gifts that just keep on giving...and giving!

    We lucked out last year and moved into an apartment that just happened to have really well-established fig trees growing (in the ground - in Brooklyn! One is nearly 50 years old!)

    They are just incredible - tasty, and the trees and foliage are gorgeous. Glad you got your hands on one! Keep us posted on how it's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually have some starts to a rudbeckia 'Goldquell' or something like that. The story about them is on the post I put up this evening. I've been admiring the tall yellow blooms growing in the curb area of a busy street for a long time, and last week, I went to the door and asked for a clump. I am so tickled to have that plant!

    Your fig is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, I'm really excited for you! I also would LOVe to have a fig tree. I'm going to live vicariously through you and see if it's something I can swing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH! can't wait to get my orange tree!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad