Saturday, December 18, 2010

Eggs with Fresh Dill

Not too long ago, I wrote about how I bought some herb plants at the farmer's market.  The herb plants ended up on my kitchen counter where I have easy access to them when I'm cooking.  Among the herbs was this amazing stalk of dill.  I love fresh dill, and it goes great with eggs!  I made omelets with a small sprig of fresh dill, 1/4 of an overly ripe avocado, and herb goat cheese!
I love the creaminess of goat cheese with the contrast of the fresh dill.  It is so flavorful!  The only thing that would make this 1,000 times tastier is if we raised hens and these were our own eggs.  One day... one day...

11 comments:

  1. That looks awesome!

    I love goat cheese!

    I might have to snag an avocado this week and do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish! I think I might make eggs for supper too. Never had avocado with egg, how was it? I love both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love dill with eggs! And add goat cheese, well, yum! Glad to see you're enjoying those herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! I wonder if it's too late to start cooking tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good; never thought about Avacado in my egg....hmmmmmm.yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dish looks VERY tasty! I think I will try it in the next few days. I'm glad you're doing well with those herbs you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah -- this is my kind of omlette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmm! I love dill. I found that my dill went to seed really quickly. Maybe I wasn't using it fast enough. Those eggs look delish! Dill is also amazing in an herb vinagrette on red potatoes as a potato salad. Much healthier than the mayo based salads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good!! That reminds me...I have some dill in the fridge. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my god does this look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I luv dill. It's one of my favorite herbs.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad