Friday, December 24, 2010

My Other Neighbors Rock Too!

Yesterday, I wrote about how we got cookies from our neighbors across the street. We had given them a box of chocolates and they gave us homemade cookies. I say that's pretty awesome! We didn't give presents to expect anything in return. We like our neighbors, they look after our house when we were away, and vice versa. It's nice to have good people as neighbors, it really makes the neighborhood. Today, we dropped off a box of chocolates to our other next door neighbor, who are also great people. They know how much we love gardening, since we shared our homegrown veggies with them.   And one time they gave us new lumber for our garden projects because they had some left over from their house renovation project. How cool is that? So my doorbell rang this afternoon and I was greeted with my neighbor and this box.
Okay, I must say, we do have the BEST neighbors!  Staten Island is known for their Italian bakeries, and she brought over one of her favorite cakes.  It's a Napoleon, with layers of flaky dough, cream and powdered sugar.  This is one of my husband's favorites, he's 1/4 Italian and has grown up eating amazing Italian pastries.  We are going to save this cake for tomorrow's big Christmas dinner.  I told the hubby that there better not be a piece missing.  Hahahaha
I realize now how gardening has created some real friendships for us.  We really enjoyed growing organic food and sharing it with others.  Not to sound real cheesy, but maybe we can create world peace through gardening.  :) I mean, cookies and cake make me feel really peaceful inside.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You do have some great neighbors! I love Napoleons, haven't had one in ages!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! What a nice gift!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have some good neighbors. That cake looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to have such nice neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum - looks like a treat! It's soooooo nice to have good neighbors.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad