Monday, December 6, 2010

Fall Radishes - (Correction -> I mean Winter Radishes!)

I was so excited when I was in the garden on Friday. I saw that the cherry belle radishes were ready. Woohoo fall winter radishes! I don't even like radishes, hahaha but the hubs loves them. He eats them like candy!   It's too peppery for my taste. I actually like the radish greens, and I sauteed the greens and added them to eggs. It's delicious. If you haven't tried it you must. Cut and wash the greens and cook it in a skillet with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. You will not be sorry, it's amazing!
These seeds were from Sustainable Seed Company. I love that the cherry belle radishes are heirlooms!  I am definitely going to buy more seeds from them for the spring garden.  Aren't these just gorgeous? If you visit their website and fill out a survey, you'll get 5% off your next order.
See more fall harvest at Daphne's Dandelions.

13 comments:

  1. I've never tried the greens, that sounds tasty. Thanks for the tip. My hubby loves radishes too, he puts them in salads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice radishes indeed! That's a great idea to add the greens to eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Meems, those radishes are beautiful!!! My hubs love them too... I'm with you, I don't really care for them. What else do you have growing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat that you don't waste any part of the radish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your radishes look so nice and big and healthy! I tried to grow some icycle radishes in the spring, but all I got was top growth. I didn't realize we could eat the greens! I don't like the peppery taste of radishes either, but my husband loves them, just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eww, I don't like radishes either! But I will be growing them in the spring as some companion plants, and I will have to try the greens in eggs like you suggested! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those radishes look great, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here, hubs likes 'em. I could go either way....but I love all kinds of greens so maybe I will plant again next year and try out their greens.

    Thanks for the tip on the 5% off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never tried radish greens, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know... I don't know why I never seem to grow radishes. They are so satisfying to grow because they are fast to sprout and mature - and yet I never seem to remember to get any planted! Go figure?!

    Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty radishes. I didn't grow them this fall, but it is on my "winter veggies" list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Radish tops are good in stir frys and Chinese salads as well. You can smash the radish heads, salt them and let them sit an hour to soak out the heat, rinse them off, and then use them in salads. They're milder that way. And they're fun to smash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice radishes. I like eating radish tops too, but I make soup out of them. I look forward to it every spring. They produce when not much else is going on in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad