Sunday, December 5, 2010

An Impromptu Pasta Salad

I finally used the last of that leftover cheese platter. The hard part about bringing a large cheese platter to a family get together is that they made us bring it home.  Hahaha. I thought more of the platter would have been eaten at Thanksgiving but we had a lot left over.  I love cheese, but having 4 different cheeses in our refrigerator is a bit much, even for us.  Plus, I wanted to use up the cheese before they spoiled.  So the other day I threw together a pasta salad with broccoli, sauteed onions, garlic, and these cheeses from the platter, herb goat cheese, swiss, smoked gouda.  Mix with olive oil, salt and pepper.  It was delicious!

6 comments:

  1. Yum sounds good! We have the opposite problem over here; seems I can never keep enough cheese in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have an abundance of cheese, I freeze it. That way I can take advantage of both sales AND generous gifts. Your pasta looks luscious! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. Good use of the cheese. I like Kris' idea about freezing cheese. I've never tried it before.

    This past Thanksgiving I took everything down to my Mom's. Turns out she bought everything as did I. So I had a ton of broccoli left over. I just did a bowtie pasta alfredo with bacon and broccoli last night. It was yummy too. pasta is a great way to use leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a yummy pasta dish, and great way to use up the leftover cheeses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to worry about cheese ruining at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could eat cheese!!! EEEEEKKKK! Looks SO good!

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad