Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Last of the Snow Peas

Before it became brutally cold here, (its 24F degrees today), I picked the last of the snow peas.  The plants grew really well, but it didn't produce a whole of of snow peas.  If I grow these again next year, I will have to sow a lot more seeds because the snow peas are very tasty.
With the last of the snow peas, I made a beef lo-mein.  Lo-mein is very easy to make.  I buy the pre-cooked lo-mein noodles, and stir fry it with a few tablespoons of oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, carrots and any type of meat, I had beef in the freezer so I did this stir fry with beef.  It tastes just as good with shrimp, chicken or pork.  Don't the snow peas look so green!  Yummy.
Check out other Garden to Table goodness at Greenish Thumb.

5 comments:

  1. Brace yourself....if the weather is headed your way, you are going to have belowing freezing digits soon! I think we were at -9 with windchill overnight last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a pretty green. But they are one of the few peas I won't eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the snow peas do look very nice. I grew them last year and they are delicious right off the vine. I could hardly get them to the house before they were gone!

    Our little old black dog Sugar would watch me go into that row, then she would come to the end of the row and wait for me so she could get her share! She loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow peas make this lo-mein look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really tasty. I didn't know it was so easy to prepare. I'll have to do some Googling and see if I can do it too.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad